Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Always With Me

They're there
Holding up your chin
Flying above the fathomless facade
Devoting their lives to the life of a friend

Tears fall down
Flooding the earth
And their faith drains the water
Giving life its worth

As the heads fall down
You can hear them in the wind
"Jesus is here"
"It's not the end"

When the bottle's almost empty
And your heart is dry
Listen to your soul
They'll wipe the tears from your eyes

2 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger JH said...

Excellent work, this is by far your best poem on the blog. Thanks for your comment on my blog. One question is there a deep underlying meaning and writing "they're their" that I don't get or is it a typo? Please don't take offense, I am queen of the typo. However, if there is meaning, I am curious to know it.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Mrs. Holladay...
It was a typo. Actually I signed on thinking about it. After I read it earlier I realized it and was about to correct it before I read your comment. How funny. I am always open to suggestions on grammar/typo's, so thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home