Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ever In Him

I see myself as someone passionate about little things in life that make me happy...friends, family, writing, perfection, and of course God...all prime examples. Recently someone asked me 3 questions that got me right in the gut. What is your greatest fear, what drives you, and what do you look for in a relationship/friendship? I found my passions tie into each question easily. I needed some time to think about this because these aren't questions that I could take lightly and answer without some bit of thought. I could easily say the answer is God to all three questions, but He is the core of my perception so I will take on the detail...

1) My greatest fear...comfort. It's as simple as that. Everyone wants to be comfortable with what they're doing and the situation they're in. That's a given, but when they are (excessively), do they stop striving? I don't want to be so comfortable that my happiness becomes a habit. However, I've found there is always something keeping me going. Nothing is perfect and I'm a perfectionist...so I keep going. Something can always get better. I guess God's been with me the whole time.

2) What drives me? There can be no detail to this question...God drives me. The desire for happiness drives me...Through God, happiness is a given.

3) In a relationship, people can easily look for charm, intelligence, humor, looks...and those are all definitely bonus' to the package, but my #1 eye catching quality comes down to passion. Not passion for a particular person, but when someone has a passion for something important to them, it shows...passion for music, people, even science...hehe. Everything comes out...every good quality, every bad one...and you'll see who they are.

As they looked up to the ceiling
They saw and they knew
What the Lord had in mind
When they stared past their view

None, but just days
Their lives lay in chance
They cried like no other
Now they lay in his hands

Their hearts flew like stone
All but his faith failed
And they opened their eyes
To the thorns, blood, and nails

For all of the things
That brought them down
He cries and still bleeds
For their happiness he mound

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home