Monday, May 22, 2006

I Fall On Me

This weekend I found something I've been looking for, for the past 2 years. I fell into it. I leaned on it, and it has me. For the longest time I've leaned and learned...learned to fall. Now it's my time. It's my time to show you who I am. I deserve it. Everyone has their stories. And I'm not going to say mine is different, or more traumatizing because I'm sure it's not. This is why I won't waste my time telling it, but...I know now I make me. I've made me from the beginning. I write my own stories, my own life. I make me happy. And who I want to share it with is within me. I choose who meets my expectations, who I want to be in my story. And if I get hurt, I choose...I choose who gets a second chance. Because hurting like I'm sure you've been hurt time and time again...being let down (the famous words) ...is something I refuse to suffer through over and over again. I will learn...I have learned that someone will be there to pick me up. Whether it be Jesus, whom has always picked me, or someone he chooses to give me. I will be forever thankful for that...because he is the one person in my life who will never let me down and always pick me up without question.

I've been down the road
That I will never retrace
I've been on the wheel
Tied tight to my faith
I've walked in your footprints
I've followed your lead
Tonight though I lean on this
I will no longer bleed

Because this is you,
this is me

Don't you give in
I won't let you die
I'll walk the whole line
Put your hand in mine
Don't take me back
I won't shade your eyes
Because forever's too long
But too precious for lies

Because this is you,
this is me

Forever I'll be
Who you want me to be
Forever I'll be
The faith you hold in me
Forever you are
All that I lack
Forever I am
Don't take me back

Because this is me,
this is me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home