Something Great
In all my life, I've wished for something great to come along. Something that would satisfy me and keep me keepin' on until the end. And it has been great. This and that has came along. And these things have taught me more than I could possible realize at 21. I'm, for the most part, patient, but when it comes down to this, I can hardly wait "til' death do us part." No I'm not talking about marriage, or even commitment for that matter, but that rock of happiness that will withstand my momentary troubles until the end. God has been my rock. He is what makes "happiness a journey, and not a destination," (from the words of Souza). There couldn't be more. At this moment I'm satisfied. I was told last night, not to worry by someone who satisfies me. So I won't. There's always something great. I've walked through some pretty crummy holes and there has always been something there pulling me out. So I put my trust in you God. I put my faith in you. I can always count on you if everything else seems to fail me. Thank you for sending me something great, always.The shadow walks towards me
All l can do is be still
And as it comes a little closer
My strength, my faith, it steals
This stranger can't hold the fate
It only wakes the soul
It only finds the passion
Because I, I make this whole
And I, I will not break
I, I will not hide
The stronger that I stand
The more of you, I see inside
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 8: 38-39
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home